Are you deciding to get an electric chainsaw, but you are not sure which one to purchase? Let us help you out by introducing you to the best electric chainsaws available in the market today.
To let you know more about this efficient cutting tool, we will also include some shopping tips, which will help you shop with more confidence than ever before.
If you want our honest opinion on the best product, we suggest that you consider the Makita UC4051A 16″ Electric Chain Saw.
Best Electric Chainsaws in 2023:
Our Best Electric Chainsaws 2023
|Makita Electric |
|CHECK ON AMAZON|
|Worx Chainsaw||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|CHECK ON AMAZON|
|CHECK ON AMAZON|
|CHECK ON AMAZON|
|Oregon Self-Sharpening |
|CHECK ON AMAZON|
|Remington Lightweight |
|CHECK ON AMAZON|
|Ryobi P546 |
|CHECK ON AMAZON|
|CHECK ON AMAZON|
|Yiilove 58CC |
|CHECK ON AMAZON|
1. Makita Electric Chain Saw – Top Chainsaw Brand in The Market
This electric chainsaw has the typical Makita power tool quality to it. For those who are not aware, Makita is one of the leading brands in the power tool market. The company takes great pride in putting its name on the products, which should tell you that its products are well-made. Gladly enough, the Makita UC4051A 16″ Electric Chain Saw also lives up to the brand’s image. This saw is easy to handle, not overly heavy, and it cuts like butter.
Seriously, it can rip through 14 inches plus logs without any fuss. Better still, this cutting device has a built-in safety mechanism to it, which prevents the tool from burning in the event of overheating. Of course, no power tool is perfect. But then, this electric saw comes very close.
The Makita Electric Chain Saw features a visible oil tank, making it easy to refill the tank before it runs out of juice. Also, this chainsaw has a pretty slim profile to it for a power tool of this nature, allowing greater versatility.
The best part is that this saw has plenty of power. So, you won’t have to force it to work. Plus, this thing is easy to operate and maintain. Seriously, you will kick yourself in the butt for not getting this electric saw before. This saw is perfectly suitable for a casual or occasionally serious woodcutter. So, don’t think about wasting your money on anything else.
- It stops as soon as you let go of the trigger. Also, this thing features a fairly large switch for a smooth start
- Unlike other best electric chainsaws out there, this one doesn’t smell of exhaust once you are done working
- The Makita Electric Chain Saw doesn’t bog down during use
- The chain and blade adjustments are a breeze. You will be able to adjust them without using any additional tools
- The saw starts and stops smoothly even after many years of use
- As hinted earlier, the brand behind the product has a good reputation and reviews in the market
- It’s a bit difficult to fill the oil reservoir. It might overflow if you are not being careful
2. Worx WG322 Cordless Chainsaw
If you are after a lightweight, affordable, and easy-to-maintain cordless chainsaw, the Worx WG322 20V Cordless Chainsaw should be on your radar. It essentially does the same job as a chainsaw from other high-end brands, but without costing you a bomb.
It may not be better than the competition, but it’s perfect for someone who occasionally cuts trees. This chainsaw is also remarkably easy to operate. So, don’t let the complexities of using a chainsaw keep you away from considering this well-made and easy-to-operate cordless unit. Yes, there are no cords involved. You don’t even have to worry about mixing oils or whatnot.
The Worx WG322 20V Cordless Chainsaw has good power behind it. So, it won’t reach its limits soon. Better still, the motor on this thing drives the chain fast enough to allow you to handle tough projects as well.
It’s also reasonably light enough to be tossed around. Of course, you can get a bigger chainsaw than this one, but this tool does the job equally well. So, why spend more on something bulky and expensive? Even a senior guy will be able to handle the weight and vibration of this tool without any difficulty. Seriously, this is a perfect chainsaw for little jobs around the house.
- It features an automatic chain tension feature, saving you a lot of time
- Even if you have never operated a chainsaw before, you will find it easy to handle this tool
- Unlike other best electric chainsaws, this tool operates so smoothly that you won’t feel like you are working at all
- Since it’s a battery-powered saw, it’s much safer and easier to use. Also, the charge lasts fairly long
- It’s a hell lot quieter than other noisy gas-powered models out there
- It was not too expensive. Therefore, you can allow your friends to borrow it from you
- The included manual has clear and easy-to-follow instructions
- The makers don’t include chain oil in the package. So, you will have to buy it separately
- The Worx WG322 20V Cordless Chainsaw is not suitable for heavy-duty projects
3. DEWALT Compact Cordless
It was a no-brainer decision to include this powerful tool in the best electric chainsaws list because of how well-made this product is. For those who are not aware, this thing features a highly efficient brushless motor, which runs better and faster than your regular motors.
This chainsaw also has a light and compact design to it to allow better comfort during use. The best part is that this tool doesn’t get slow with age—a piece of information confirmed by users who have been using this powerful tool for many years and beyond. Not to undermine the fact that DEWALT is a brand to reckon with. Everything considered; you can’t go wrong with this DEWALT chainsaw. This saw is truly a gem in its right.
The operating time of this battery-powered saw is pretty good. A 5Ah battery will last you just about the same time as a gas-powered unit, which means that you will be able to get a lot of tasks done before the battery gives up on you. The icing on the cake is that the battery charges fairly quickly too.
Better still, the saw operates very quietly. It’s so light and quiet that you might have to remind yourself that it’s a deadly cutting tool. You will also love how good the device feels in your hands. Seriously, DEWALT has all the rights in the world to beam with pride for building a power tool of this quality that doesn’t cost an arm and a leg.
- This cordless chainsaw weighs less than 9 lbs, allowing great user comfort and control
- For a compact and battery-operated saw, this thing has good power to it
- The saw is very well-balanced. Pro guys will be able to work with it using their single hand
- It works quietly. So, this thing will be easy on your neighbor’s ears
- The runtime of this chainsaw is far better than other equivalent cordless saws out there
- It doesn’t leak. So, you don’t have to worry about cleaning a mess after you are done working
- The oil filter cap on this device is a bit flimsy. Other than this minor flaw, you will love everything about this tool
4. BLACK+DECKER 40V Cordless – Bestseller Chainsaw
The BLACK+DECKER 40V MAX Cordless Chainsaw is light, quiet, and very effective, all at once. You will be surprised by the saw’s cutting ability. This isn’t to say that this tool can be used to cut wood all day long.
That said, there’s no way a homeowner can go wrong with this handy cutting tool because it’s highly suitable to cut small trees and bushes on one’s property. Occasionally, it can be used on longer projects too. Not to discount the fact that this cordless chainsaw has received substantially better reviews than other saws in its price range.
The BLACK+DECKER 40V MAX Cordless Chainsaw comes with an automatic oiling feature, saving you a lot of time and effort that goes into product maintenance. Unlike other best electric chainsaws, this one is also easy to take apart and put back together.
Of course, this cordless unit is lighter and safer than other gas-powered saws. At the same time, it has all the features that you would need for small and medium-scale cutting tasks. The battery on this saw also lasts for a long time, allowing it to cut many logs at one stretch.
- This chainsaw fits well in smaller hands too. Therefore, this saw can be considered by girls as well
- Equally good chainsaws from other brands cost almost twice the price of this saw
- This thing is also a few pounds lighter than other cordless chainsaws out there
- The battery on this saw lasts for more than an hour, even with constant use
- It stays relatively quiet. It doesn’t sound anything like a Harley-Davidson bike
- The makers have included a plastic cover, which can be used to protect the chainsaw during transportation
- It doesn’t have the power to cut thick and large trees
- The battery doesn’t recharge very quickly. It takes at least a few hours to recharge
5. Greenworks Chainsaw Battery
If you plan on buying a powerful chainsaw, this Greenworks Cordless Chainsaw should be in your possession. Given the power of this tool, you can expect to cut large trees with it. Yes, this chainsaw comes with plenty of torque to handle tough projects as well.
Therefore, you will be able to use this tool for all jobs that a 12-inch saw can be used for. The best part is that you don’t have to exert a lot of force to make this thing work. So, it won’t seem like a real workout to use this chainsaw. As others have said, ‘you simply have to allow the tool to do its job.’ Greenworks has hit it out of the park with this superb chainsaw.
It generates enough chain speed to make it a highly efficient tool. Better still, the battery on this thing performs well. It lasts for a lot of uses. Moreover, it doesn’t take forever to recharge the battery. It charges in a snap. Those who want to put on some serious work will know how important this factor is.
Also, this thing makes very little noise compared to its gas-powered counterparts. Moreover, this saw doesn’t vibrate a lot. And, it has no exhaust to it. Furthermore, it’s solid enough to not bog down during use. Everything considered: you will truly enjoy using this chainsaw.
- The handle on this chainsaw is adjustable, allowing it to cut at awkward angles without any issues
- It’s easy to adjust and maintain this tool. It’s also very well-balanced
- This chainsaw is not too light or too heavy. It has the right weight to it, making it easy to handle
- The saw is quiet. So, you won’t need earplugs when operating the tool
- You can see the battery and oil charge level, making it easy for you to refill on time/li>
- Since it’s a cordless saw, you can be happy over the fact that you won’t have to carry a cord around
- The chain tension is not perfect out of the box. Of course, this isn’t a big deal
6. Oregon Self-Sharpening CS1500
Coming from one of the best chainsaw manufacturers, in Oregon, you are assured that it has all the features you need in a chainsaw and even more. All the customers who have bought this chainsaw are quite satisfied with it. Especially if you are looking for a durable chainsaw as it is made of metal.
One of the features which make this chainsaw quite different from the rest is its ability to sharpen itself. This is because it has an in-built corded power sharp chain sharpening system. It saves time as you can instantly power it up with a simple pull of a trigger. Unlike other chainsaws, there is no need to pull cords, warm it up, and the mixing of gas and oil before you start it. It comes along with an automatic oiler, which can be easily seen using the view through the window. This oiler evenly distributes oil on the bar and chain, and this inhibits the chainsaw from wearing prematurely. This feature makes this chainsaw quite convenient.
The PowerSharp sharpening system is speedy and efficient as it can sharpen these saws in a matter of seconds by simply pulling on the lever. To add to the convenience of this chainsaw is the system that tensions the chain consisting of no tools, which enables you to tension the chain by turning hence tightening the ring, which is found on the side. There is excellent comfort while using this chainsaw as it has an over-mold comfort handle, is well-balanced, and is light in weight. These features prevent any form of pain that is associated with an uncomfortable chainsaw.
We would highly recommend you buy this chainsaw as it is both convenient and efficient in its work.
- There is excellent safety while using the Oregon chainsaw as it has a chain brake
- It is fast and efficient as it has a PowerSharp chain and an 18-inch guide bar, which sharpens the saws quite fast
- Easy to put together
- Saves on time as you are not required to mix oil and gas before using it
- It is light in weight and balanced
- There is excellent silence while using it
- The chain has low endurance
7. Remington Lightweight Chainsaw – Best Small Lightweight Chainsaw
If you are looking for a perfect chainsaw with user-friendly features, the Remington RM1425 is the best chainsaw.
It has an 8 amp electric motor, which allows you to pull the chainsaw’s trigger without the need to mix oil and gas before starting it up. This motor is also known for its trimming power as it can easily cut through small branches hence reliable and convenient. The manufacturer has provided you with a user manual to ensure proper and more comfortable usage of this chainsaw by a first-timer. The user’s hand is well protected from the debris that is produced while cutting wood hence proper safety due to the wraparound handguard. It comes hand in hand with a long-lasting 14-inch low-kickback bar and chain, which assists the user to cut smoothly.
You can easily add the right amount of oil by using the efficient push-button oiler as it distributes the required amount of oil quickly to the quick back bar. It is essential to keep in mind that this chainsaw does not need gasoline to power it up hence quite easy to start it. This model has a constant external adjustment tensioning system that easily tensions the chain before using it. One of the great things about this chainsaw is that it comes fully assembled hence removing the hassle of putting it together. It has a two-year limited warranty.
- It is light in weight hence portable and can be used around the house
- The user manual provided by the manufacturer makes it easier to use
- The 8 amp electric motor is very powerful as you can even trim the saplings
- It has a convenient push-button oiler that lubricate the kick bar, which is known to be safety conscious
- Once delivered, there is no need to assemble it as it comes compact and intact and therefore ready to be used
- The external adjustment system is fast in changing the tension of the chain
- It’s of low quality as it can easily break down
- There have been complaints of the oil leaking from the oiler
- It has a short period of warranty
8. Ryobi P546 Lithium Cordless
For those people who need and want a chainsaw that delivers an excellent job in a relatively short time, then the Ryobi P546 cordless is the best chainsaw choice for you.
It features a very powerful torque motor, and it has a high performance, especially in woodcutting. This is also made possible by the 40-volt lithium battery, which powers this brushless motor and allows the job to be done very fast. This cordless electric chainsaw reduces the number of times you visit the shop as it comes with an in-built oiler that lubricates the chain bringing about its long-lastingness. The oiler is quite easy to operate with the push of a button, and it quickly lubricates the chain. The 10-inch bar and chain are durable and stable and deliver a great job.
The bar and chain are quite able to trim even the small bushes quite efficiently, quietly, and safely as the chain does not coil or whip on the bar, unlike other chainsaws. It is not only used in trimming flowers but also used in cutting trees. You can easily make some adjustments during the tensioning of the chainsaw through the side access chain. This chainsaw has a design that enables it to be carried anywhere without too much hassle.
It is quite ideal for woodworkers who prefer a chainsaw that has minimum vibration and hence allows you to do your job in a quiet environment.
- There is the better power consumption of the battery
- It is known to be easily activated due to the design
- One can comfortably grip the handles
- There is secure handling as it is light in weight
- It is relatively quiet and safe
- It was not built for large surfaces, huge trees as it is unstable
- Its oil is known to run out fast
9. COOCHEER Gas Woodcutting
This power saw has been ranked by many people as the best chainsaw in the market today. This is because it has many features that make work more comfortable and enjoyable.
If you are looking for a durable chainsaw, the COOCHEER chainsaw has been made from ABS plastic and metal, which enables it to tolerate high temperatures. The premium quality chassis is also anti-aging hence long-lasting. Its chain is of good quality due to its resistance to wear. Your experience in using this chainsaw is made more significant by the luxury handle, which allows for excellent operation comfort as there are low vibration and less machine shake. While using this chainsaw, user safety is guaranteed by the safety valve throttle switch. The bar that is used in this gas power chainsaw can withstand high temperatures and resist wear quite efficiently.
This makes the chainsaw both safe and reliable. The durability is also brought about by the internal structure of the chainsaw, which includes a split sprocket that requires low maintenance, and a gasoline filter, which is composed of a three-tier, which allows the user to use it continuously and won’t turn off even if there are high temperatures. The smooth exhaust heat ensures its stability and power as it produces low heat. This chainsaw is very easy and comfortable to use due to the slip-free handle that can easily be maneuvered, and the user is assured of his or her safety. It is said that the chain of this chainsaw has a higher service life due to the oil poured onto it by the in-built automatic chain oiler.
We would highly recommend this chainsaw for most landowners who regularly need to cut.
- This chainsaw is very much long-lasting due to the bar and its overall plastic and metallic make
- The user’s safety and security are made possible by the safety valve and throttle switch
- Its chain is of a very high quality due to its ability to resist wear
- Its super air filter system and oiler improve the overall services life of the chainsaw
- The manufacturer does not elaborate on its warranty
10. Yiilove 58CC Gasoline Chainsaw
If you are looking for a chainsaw that is highly powerful and easily maneuvered, the Yiilove chainsaw is the ideal chainsaw for you. Its features are one of a kind and ensure the reliability of the chainsaw.
This chain saw has been in such a way that it cuts quite quickly, and at the same time, it there is excellent comfort as its design includes a cushion wrap handle, which allows you to maneuver while balancing the chainsaw easily. Having been made from an alloy of aluminum and also plastic, you are assured of its durability. Its maintenance cost pulls you into it as it is quite low. In addition to this, it has very powerful due to the 58CC with 2-stroke motors, and this ensures that the fuel consumption of the chainsaw is reduced. The chainsaw delivers a great job at a faster rate as the speed of its engine is 8500rpm. Its low kickback bar and chain prove its reliability and convenience as one can start it up during any condition whatsoever.
You can decide to move it anywhere you want without the danger of being tired and developing any complications resulting from using it due to both its lightweight nature, which ensures its portability, and also its ergonomic design. It uses a quick start technology that helps you to start it up quickly and easily hence saving you time. The manufacturer has the user in mind as they elaborate with great detail on how one should use and handle the chainsaw.
We would advise anyone who wants a chainsaw that is affordable without having to sacrifice the quality of work it delivers not to hesitate and purchase such a valuable product.
- Has a quick start technology that enables you to power it up quickly
- It’s long-lasting as it is made from both aluminum and plastic
- Its power consumption is quite low hence general maintenance cost is reduced
- It is convenient as one can power it up in any condition
- As it uses both petrol and oil, it is not as environmentally friendly as some chainsaws are
Best Electric Chainsaws: Buying Guide
The electric chainsaws come with numerous features, capabilities, dimensions, and uses. While some are appropriate for home use, a few heavy-duty ones can be used in a commercial environment as well. Let’s take a look at the important features that you need to consider when shopping for the best electric chainsaws.
Cordless vs. Corded
Corded units are usually more powerful by nature. But then, you would need a power source to operate the unit, making them an inconvenient option. On the other hand, cordless units will give you the flexibility of using the tool anywhere on the go without the need for a power source. They will be battery-operated, usually lighter in weight, and highly portable, all at the same time.
The cutting power of the chainsaw will be determined by its engine power. Depending on your intended use, you need to access your needs for the engine power. For instance, a 30cc engine will suffice for small jobs. For larger projects that involve cutting large trees, you will have to choose a chainsaw that comes with a 62cc engine or more.
Larger saws are more suitable for bigger projects that involve thick and large logs. However, they vibrate more. Plus, they are a bit difficult to control, especially for beginners. Not to mention that they also cost more.
Therefore, you should get a larger saw with a higher capacity engine only if there’s a need for one. For trimming grass or cutting some trees, a smaller unit should suffice. A smaller and less powerful chainsaw will be more manageable, especially for newbies.
Irrespective of how much you spend on the best electric chainsaws, the chain won’t maintain the required tension at all times. You will have to adjust the chain multiple times during a project, which will take around 10-15 minutes for each adjustment. To save this hassle, you would be better off choosing an auto-chain adjusting chainsaw.
As you might be already familiar, a chainsaw is not a toy. It’s a deadly cutting tool. Therefore, it’s important to look for an electric saw that comes with maximum safety features, especially when you are an inexperienced chainsaw user.
Also, look for a saw that doesn’t vibrate a lot during use. Additionally, the saw must feature some throttle interlocking feature to prevent it from accidentally starting on its own.
Generally speaking, electric chainsaws work quietly, especially when compared to gas-powered chainsaws. However, not all chainsaws are quiet by nature. Some of them can be as loud as a noisy bullet, leading to trouble with your neighbors. If you want to avoid noise nuisance, make sure to inspect the noise level of the shortlisted electric chainsaw.
Electric chainsaws are usually bought by casual woodcutters who are scared of the complexities involved in operating a gas-powered unit. They prefer a light and compact unit for better control during work. If you don’t have too much experience in using a tool of this nature, you should also opt for a light and compact chainsaw.
The electric chainsaws of today come in a wide price range. If you don’t have too much use for a chainsaw, you should refrain from investing in a saw that costs a bomb. Also, keep in mind that some of the relatively inexpensive saws can do an equally good job as a higher-priced unit. The key is to find a good product at the right price and not fall for big brand names.
This is everything that you need to know about the best electric chainsaws shopping. If you have any questions or suggestions, use the comment section below to reach out to us.
Leave a Reply